138. Chapter 2 - 8 Years and 8 Lessons
I spent over 8 years with Stella & Dot.
I went from someone who had zero interest in building a business, to someone who replaced her full time teaching income to become a full-time entrepreneur.
And there was a lot of life that happened in the middle of that, but I thought I would pull out some of the biggest lessons that I learned over the course of those 8 years:
- People are going to disappoint you, and that means nothing about you or your business.
- If you don't know what you're doing - you can build a business by chasing the carrots.
- Success on the outside, looked a whole lot like burnout on the inside
- A strong work ethic, will be the biggest determinant of your success.
- It's not one thing that you do, that builds your business. It's the accumulation of everything you do, plus the fact that you keep doing them over and over again.
- The hardest part about building a business, is trusting that it is working - even when it feels like it's not.
- The biggest obstacle that you ever face, will always be yourself.
- If someone else can do it, I can too.
I will always be grateful for my time with Stella & Dot. It took me through 3 babies in diapers, to a life changing car accident that stripped me of my career. It taught me how incredible this industry can be, took me on multiple all expenses paid vacations and really opened my eyes to what our family life looks like when I work from home.
But here's the thing -
Not everything is meant to be forever. There will be times when life shifts and we need to learn how to pivot with it. To take what we need from one chapter, with us into the next.
And in the next chapter, I will share exactly how I did that, when Stella & Dot decided to close out their Network Marketing business model, and go direct to consumer.
But for now - sit back and relax, and I'll go deep on each of these lessons inside this episode.
ps. want to read more about this on my blog? You can do that HERE.